How to Apply
You may apply electronically to the department by means of our online application.
Deadline: 15 January (domestic); 15 November (International)
Your application file must be completed to receive consideration. It should consist of the following:
- Application Form for Graduate School Admission, Fellowship and Associate Instructorships
- Statement of Purpose - a rationalized explanation of your interests in Classical Studies and your short and long term goals
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from faculty who know you well
- Writing Sample - about 20 pages of connected prose. You may send a favorite term paper, a chapter of a senior honors paper or a Master’s thesis, a professional presentation, or a published article if you have one.
- One original transcript from each college or university program in which you have been enrolled (even if these were non-degree programs)
- Original GRE test scores - no more than 5 years old. For electronic scores the codes are 1324 for Indiana University and 2901 for the Classical Studies Department
Please send all documents pertaining to admission by 15 January to:
Yvette Rollins (email@example.com)
Department of Classical Studies
Ballantine Hall 547
1020 East Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, Indiana 47405-7103
The application fee should be sent directly to:
The University Graduate School
Kirkwood Hall 111
130 S. Woodlawn Ave.
Bloomington, Indiana 47405-7104