How to Apply
You may apply electronically to the department by means of our online application.
Deadline: 15 January (domestic); 15 November (International)
Your application file must be complete to receive consideration. It should consist of the following:
1. Online Application Form for Graduate School Admission, where you will upload:
- Statement of Purpose — a rationalized explanation of your interests in Classical Studies and your short- and long-term goals
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from faculty who know you well
- Writing Sample — about 20 pages of connected prose. You may send a favorite term paper, a chapter of a senior honors paper or a Master’s thesis, a professional presentation, or a published article if you have one.
- One original (official) transcript from each college or university program in which you have been enrolled (even if these were non-degree programs)
- Original (official) report of GRE test scores — no more than 5 years old. For electronic scores the codes are 1324 for Indiana University and 2901 for the Classical Studies Department
Please send all documents pertaining to admission by 15 January to:
Yvette Rollins (email@example.com)
Department of Classical Studies
Ballantine Hall 547
1020 East Kirkwood Ave.
Bloomington, Indiana 47405-7103
The online application fee must be paid via credit card. Domestic students who use the paper application may pay the application fee using a check, money order, or cash only. Call (812) 855-8853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications are not reviewed until the fee is paid.